Wednesday, February 19, 2014

CDOT Incompetence?

I included this video here because, well, frankly I'm pissed. Now CDOT has been making it a point, it would seem, to piss people off while at the same time just doing a shitty job at just about everything they do, and the construction on 6th avenue lately is a perfect example of this.
 
Everything needs fixing and improving however, the construction on 6th avenue could have been done, well, with a little more thought. Why close down that huge swath of highway? Why not break the project into first taking down the bridge and/or repairing them, then moving onto whatever they are doing further down the road closer to I-25? It would be much less of a cluster fuck, let me tell you. Further more, the road is now a 4-wheel road, full of potholes and bumps, so driving home in my little Honda is a trip, to say the least.
 
So CDOT, in my opinion, you fucked it up yet again! Good job! Oh, and by the way, I'm no engineer and have no experience in construction, but I could have planned that project better, so if you need some advice let me know, I have five minutes I could put forth, that's about all it would take to do at least a better planning job then the effort thus far shown.
 
With all that is going on with highway 36, the construction on 6th avenue is making me think that maybe CDOT is turning it into a toll road as well, plans they won't reveal until the very last second? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment