Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Thank You!

"I must share this: 

That the first 5 months that I lived in CO, every month I was run off the highway because of a bad driver. I have been here for 10 months. It has gotten worse, thankful no accidents have I been a part of. Even once a driver that had two flat tires, trying to merge onto the highway, straight into my lane(the middle lane) without a signal light on, and when I honked to let him know he was coming into my lane, he had the nerve to flip me off as I drove by. He was also going about 20-25mi, onto the damn highway. Seriously?

I consider myself a damn good cautious driver. And ppl in CO are definitely horrible drivers, by far. I hear though some claim its the Californians. All I know is a dash cam is a damn great idea. Way to go Longhorn. Its ridiculous and even more so when the drivers get upset with you because they clearly cannot drive.

Another example, was following behind a friend to head to grab a bite to eat. Not only had we just held a conversation as we were shopping, about how much I cannot stand driving in this city/state. That she switched lanes from the far left to the far right, knowing I'm behind her, and she did it first then turned on her signal light. When we arrived at the eatery, as soon as she got out the car she started laughing. She already knew what I was going to say. Then she blamed it on the Californians. I said I dont care who it is really, all I know is it has been clearly happening for a long while and before I arrived. Drivers piss me off here. And I AM NOT AFRAID to say it. Actually cycling should be the top mode of transportation here. Accidents would be less serious. All this week on my way to work I have seen at least two accidents. Whole blocks closed off. That's fuckin' ridiculous!! If you didnt get that prior."
 
I did want to take a moment and send out my sincere thanks to the people who defended me and my videos. To everybody else, I think I need to point out that I hold no grudges to the people I encounter on the road and how they treat others when they drive. I don't even do this to shame them. I do this because I can do, it's therapy. So having said that, I make no excuses for my opinions or the things I post. The obvious fact is that we all make mistakes, even I make them, and even I make them when out driving. But one thing I don't do is put people in obvious danger while driving. Driving is a privilege, not a right! However, more often then not, people in the Denver area drive like the roads were built ONLY for them and everybody else needs to just get out of the way. If you are one of those people, you may very likely find a video of yourself driving posted here one day, and if that happens you only have yourself to blame.

And lastly, I would like to say that, believe it or not, their are good drivers driving in the Denver area. Many may disagree, but in my opinion I am one of them. Not only that, it is also my opinion that I am a very good driver, and if I could pat myself on the back here for a moment, I would go as far as to say that I am among the best of the best. But again, like I hinted at above, I have made mistakes. The only physical accident I have ever been in was my fault, and I admitted to it when it happened. As a result, I slowed down and made sure I was always aware of my surroundings, because what I realized is that I got off easy. It was a minor fender-bender and nobody was hurt, but that could have easily not been the case. Somebody could have gotten hurt, or worse. The bottom line is that a car is not a toy. People die in car accidents everyday, and still many people go on driving like they simply don't care. Well, they may not care, but I do, and so should you.

-The Longhorn

No comments:

Post a Comment